Friday 31 May 2013

Beautiful sights and sounds of Vancouver Island!

Here are a few pic's and video of my last couple of weeks out and about.

Recently we went camping on friends land up above Jordan River, which is about 1/2 hour past Sooke on your ways toward Port Renfrew. The view from his land is spectacular although I didn't take the picture of it. However, you can see out over the Juan de Fuca Strait. It was a great getaway and I actually didn't take any pictures while we were there as it was time to take a break from all the technology such as my phone. I did however turn my phone on to record the sounds around us. We were camping right on a small lake and the sound of the frogs were almost deafening. I truly do love the sound of them, however, they actually were so loud around us, I had to wear earplugs to be able to sleep. Here is the video I took where you can see what our view was over the lake and the surrounding sounds of frogs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp2wuasNoNM&feature=youtu.be



Well, love it or hate it? I can't imagine actually hating any nature sounds but there are people out there that don't care for it.

Another time during the past week, I was driving along West Saanich Road and the view of the Patricia Bay and sky was truly beautiful. Here is the picture I took of the evening:

Our hike, well actually a walk, last week was along the beach at Island View Beach. It is not a difficult walk by any means, however, it is a good work out on the legs when you walk along the sand for two hours. There were only four of us that showed up and we were lucky to find that the tide was out. Here is a picture of the beach and the three that joined me:
 Have you walked this beach before? It is a great walk, but be careful if the tide is coming in. We had to cross running water a few times and well most of us got soaked feet. Our guy friend, as you can see in the above picture, is quite tall so needless to say, he didn't seem to have an issue with it but us shorty's did! We ended up getting back up to the higher part of the beach and walking a fair distance down the beach and turned around and walked back. All in all it took about 2 hours and you could make the walk even longer if you wanted to. One of my favourite views from this beach is the view across to one of the private  islands called James Island. Here is the view:

Well that is it in a nutshell for this week. We are headed out to climb Mt Wells tomorrow so I am sure I will have some great photo's and hopefully some good stories to share with you next week.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment